How to swap Android's tiny internal memory with the external SD card.
If you have an old Android phone with a smallish internal memory, chances are that you're not able to download and play a lot of heavy games onto it. Although there are a lot of reasons for it, one of it could be that you do not have enough internal memory and the games data won't save itself in the SD card.
Well, if you're running a custom CyanogenMod based ROM on your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 (to have a better gaming experience) here's how to swap your internal phone memory with the external SD card.
- Please follow this tutorial at your own risk.
- I may not be held responsible for any bricked phones, earthquakes or any other problem arising out of this.
- This will only work on the Samsung Galaxy SL i9003
- You would need ROOT access (How to root?)
- This process works if you're running a CyanogenMod based ROM only (CM9, CM10, CM10.1 etc)
- Recommended SD card: Class 10 high speed
- File Explorer of your choice (My recommended app: File Explorer)
- SwapSD apk file for the ROM that you're running:
CyanogenMod 9 (ICS): Download link
CyanogenMod 10.1 : Download link
Please download the correct apk file in order for this to work correctly.
Please note, this process will only work on CyanogenMod ROMs and is not suggested for any other custom/stock ROM. Let me know in the comments sections below if you'd like to see how to do the same for Gingerbread versions, will make a tutorial video/blog soon.
Follow me on Facebook for daily/weekly updates: Click here to follow on FB
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more tutorials: Click here to Subscribe